SAR team to evacuate bodies of more Sukhoi victims
Tue, May 29 2012 20:35 | 1291 Views
Sukabumi, West Java (ANTARA News) - The Search and Rescue (SAR) team has recommenced evacuating the Sukhoi Superjet 100 victims` remains that are still scattered in Mount Salak.
Photo document of Sukhoi Superjet 100 air crashed in Mount Salak, West Java. (ANTARA/Duyeh)
"We have coordinated with the hospital."
"The search and evacuation of the remains of the Sukhoi victims is led by Sukabumi`s district military command 0607, Captain Sanusi, with the help of 29 personnel," the Commander of the military resorts, Colonel AM Putranto, told reporters on Tuesday.
The SAR team - comprising personnel from Indonesia`s national defence forces, the national police, the mountain and jungle explorer association, as well as several residents - first focused on the location where some residents of Cicurug sub-district found the body parts of the victims.
All the victims` belongings and bodies that are still at the site will be evacuated immediately without exception. Putranto said he expected the evacuation process to be completed in a day.
"The belongings and remains of the victims have been kept separate from the identified body parts examined previously at Kramat Jati Police Hospital in Jakarta. We have coordinated with the hospital to identify these new human remains, and to whom those remains belong to," he added.
Putranto explained the remains and belongings might have been washed away by a mudslide to another location, thanks to the downpour that occurred when the national SAR team ceased its operations.
"The human remains might have been carried away by a mudslide after the heavy rainfall, when the national search and rescue team ceased its search and evacuation process," he said.
Editor: Priyambodo RH
COPYRIGHT © 2012