Most likely none survives in Sukhoi crash
Fri, May 11 2012 21:25 | 1055 Views
Bogor, West Java (ANTARA News) - The chief of search mission coordinator of the National Search and Rescue Agency (Basarnas), Ketut Parwa, said no one very likely survived in the crash of Russian Sukhoi Superjet 100 plane in Bogor, West Java, on Wednesday.
SAR team was still focusing on evacuating pieces of bodies of the victims of Sukhoi Superjet 100. (ANTARA/Dhoni Setiawan)
"The joint search and rescue team on the location has so far found no survivor."
"Seeing the site of the crash which is on the slope of Mount Salak at a height of 2,00.4 meter above the sea it is very likely no one survived the incident," he said to newsmen here on Friday.
He said the aircraft had broken into pieces showing how strong was the impact of the crash against the slope on the plane and so it could be assured that all passengers had been crushed, proven among others by the finding of their bodies which were no longer intact.
"The joint search and rescue team on the location has so far found no survivor," he added.
He said his team was still focusing on evacuating pieces of bodies of the victims that have already been put in bags totaling 12.
"We have not decided if the evacuation would be carried out by land or air but hoped it could be done immediately," he said.
Editor: Priyambodo RH
COPYRIGHT © 2012